Since 2010, OraERP is a Oracle Forums, Community of Oracle Professionals including Fusion/Cloud Application Consultants, Enterprise Architects, ERP Cloud, HCM Cloud, CX Cloud and OCI Experts, ERP Experts, Oracle Apps Functional Consultants, Apps DBAs, DBAs, Cloud DBAs, Digital Architect, PaaS Experts, IaaS, OCI Architects, Technical Consultants, Fusion Middleware Experts, SQL, PL/SQL Developers and Project Managers. Welcome to OraERP.com Social Community, a friendly and active community of Oracle Technology Professionals who believe that technology can ‘make the world a better place’. By joining Oracle ERP Community you will have the ability to Post Topics, Receive our Newsletter, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is Quick and Simple. Get unlimited access to Oracle Tutorials, Articles, eBooks, Tools and Tips .
Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Overview of Architectural and Functional differences in 11i and R12
12-20-2014, 11:23 PM,
Overview of Architectural and Functional differences in 11i and R12
The article is to just give the overview of architectural and functional differences in 11i and R12. Article is intended for Oracle ERP teams, considering & participating in an upgrade from 11i to R12. It provides some insight into the architecture and the functional differences that need to be considered when planning and scoping.

Oracle Application R12 – Functionality

Multi-Org Access Control (MOAC)
MOAC provides role based access to Operating Units, and allows client to perform multiple tasks across operating units without changing responsibilities.

In 11i, when users had to enter or process data for multiple operating units, they had to login to different responsibilities because each responsibility could only access one operating unit. So if there were a centralized payment processing center where users processed payments for multiple organizations, they would have to keep logging in and out of different responsibilities to process payments for a different organization or operating unit.

In Release 12, Multi-Org Access Control enables companies that have implemented a Shared Services operating model to efficiently process business transactions by allowing users to access, process, and report on data for an unlimited number of operating units within a single application’s responsibility.
This increases the productivity of Shared Service Centers as users no longer have to switch application responsibilities when processing transactions for multiple operating units. Data security and access privileges are still maintained using security profiles that will now support multiple operating units.
Enhanced Multi-Org reporting is not the same as cross-organization reports that allow you to run a report at the ledger level to obtain results for all operating units assigned to that ledger or obtain results for all the operating units for a GRE/LE.

Multi-Org Reporting allows a user to select any operating unit from a list of accessible operating units. This allows users to report on data for multiple operating units from a single application responsibility. The benefit of this includes
a) reduced reporting time and
b) improved efficiency

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oracle EBS R12 Financials Configurations Summary Presentation M Irfan 1 14,049 01-02-2023, 06:50 AM
Last Post: leo.chen
  Oracle R12 i-Procurement step-by-step setup document admin 3 39,361 04-05-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Kashif Manzoor
  Functionality/Features difference between R12 and 11i admin 7 40,853 12-02-2019, 11:38 PM
Last Post: kau2802
  Beginners Resources for Oracle e Business Suite R12 Learning Kashif Manzoor 2 19,109 07-18-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: admin
  Oracle Financials Document for R12.0.4 mandar3036 0 8,339 11-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Last Post: mandar3036
  Overview of Oracle iProcurement (EBS R12) Mark Donald 1 10,146 09-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Kashif Manzoor
  Oracle R12 Cycle Counting Chandak Badri 0 9,973 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Chandak Badri
  Oracle R12- ABC Analysis Chandak Badri 0 7,444 08-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Chandak Badri
  Oracle R12 Upgrade Impact Assessment admin 0 4,965 08-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Last Post: admin
  Oracle EBS R12 Financials Configurations Summary M Irfan 0 7,482 06-10-2015, 04:53 AM
Last Post: M Irfan